WTG Procurement Manager APAC
- BayWa r.e.
- Suite 1, Level 13, 356 Collins Street, 3000, Melbourne, Australia
- Work experience
BayWa r.e. is the home for change makers. We r.e.think energy – how it is produced, stored and can be best used to enable the global renewable energy transition that is essential to the future of our planet. At BayWa r.e. we effect change globally. With locations in 30 countries, we have over 4,800 people already working across the world, collaborating with local businesses to proactively shape the future of the energy sector.
In the APAC region, we already have more than 270 employees located in our country offices throughout the APAC region (Thailand, Vietnam, South Korea, Japan, Malaysia, Philippines, and Australia). Our business activities include solar trading, project development, operations & maintenance and tailor-made renewable energy solutions.
BayWa r.e. Projects Australia provides an extensive range of services from project development and implementation to finance and the operation of large-scale solar and wind farms in Australia. Our experienced team, comprised of local and international staff, is there to take care of your project every step of the way.
About the role
The WTG Procurement Manager APAC will oversee the procurement of onshore and offshore wind turbines for BayWa r.e. in APAC, and ensure the best value for money, quality, and delivery time. This position will work closely with our country organizations in APAC to align procurement strategies with business goals, develop and manage supplier relationships (including assessing technological developments to ensure our country organizations have all the relevant information to optimize the development process), and drive continuous improvement in procurement processes.
The position will be based in our office in Sydney or Melbourne, Australia.
What You Will Do
- Develop and manage WTG supplier relationships in APAC, including negotiations of standardized contracts and framework agreements.
- Screen the market and maintain relationships with OEMs in APAC.
- Work closely with our global organization and their procurement teams to align procurement strategies with business goals globally.
- Provide market and supplier intelligence as well as technical and engineering expertise by tracking technology developments and innovations.
- Develop and implement procurement policies and procedures, including setting technical requirements and managing supply chain risks in APAC.
- Drive continuous improvement in procurement processes, systems, and tools.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key internal stakeholders, as Engineering, Construction and Development teams in APAC.
- Work closely with Engineering team in APAC for preparing RFP documentation for WTG tenders in the region.
- Lead the commercial contractual agreement negotiations with the OEMs, with support from the Engineering and Construction team in APAC.
- Closely collaboration with our Engineering and Construction team in APAC, to secure a successful implementation of best practices, procedures and regional BayWa r.e. standards in APAC, and to achieve the regional KPIs and Roadmaps.
What You Bring
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, or related field.
- At least 6 years of experience in procurement or supply chain management, with a focus on wind turbine procurement and processes a deep industry network.
- Proven track record of achieving cost saving in project.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic procurement and contract management.
- Strong negotiation skills, with experience negotiating contracts and framework agreements.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong relationships with suppliers and internal and external stakeholders.
- Knowledge of legal, regulatory and bankability requirements related to WTG procurement.
- Excellent English communication skills in both oral and written English is mandatory.
- Experience working in an international matrix organization.
- Availability for regular travel in APAC.
What We Are Ready To Offer You
- A flexible working environment so that you can maintain a positive work-life balance.
- A diverse and inclusive team with a strong culture focusing on employee health and wellbeing.
- The possibility to make a positive contribution to our planet and use your knowledge to set new standards in Renewable Energy
Is This Role The Right Fit For You?
- Are you willing to travel frequently across Australia and APAC to facilitate project needs, and for training/workshop participation?
- Do you want to make a positive contribution to our planet and use your world class engineering and business knowledge to set new standards in renewable energy.?
- Do you want to be part of the BayWa group, a family of globally successful businesses?
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion matter to us
At BayWa r.e. we cherish the diversity of our people and are dedicated to providing an inclusive environment of mutual respect. We aim to create equal opportunities for all applicants and colleagues.
We welcome everyone and do not discriminate based on origin, religion, social, cultural, or ethnic background, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
We look forward to your application!
If you have any questions about the job offer, please get in contact with us.
- Chamaiporn Manochai
- Head of COE Talent Acquisition and Employer Branding APAC