- Work experience
- Published: 07.09.2022
About us: BayWa r.e. is a growth-driven multinational headquartered in Germany. We are in 30 countries with 3500 employees. We are leaders in the renewable energy sector, active in offshore and onshore wind, solar, storage, hydrogen, and bioenergy.
In the APAC region, we are already more than 200 employees located in our 9 country offices throughout the APAC region (Thailand, Indonesia, Singapore, Vietnam, South Korea, Japan, Malaysia, Philippines, and Australia). We have an established team of highly skilled and dedicated professionals growing our business activities by developing, constructing, and operating our renewable generation portfolio throughout the region.Purpose: Support and lead technical aspects for Projects, working in collaboration with Korean and APAC Engineering Team.
The position will be based in our office in Seoul, South-Korea
What You Will Do
- Design and optimize plant general arrangement layouts and electrical components of Utility scale PV systems
- Prepare detailed reports and calculations for electrical system designs
- Perform 3D terrain based yield analysis of project designs using PVsyst
- Work together with regional engineering teams and draftsperson to prepare complete preliminary and construction drawing packages of projects
- Coordinate the execution of engineering (prefeasibility, basic, detailed, As-Built) for the assigned projects, with the support of regional engineering teams or external consultants.
- Perform cable and equipment sizing calculations and generate electrical diagrams based on local/International Standards and practice
- Work closely with construction management team on liaising issues during construction phase
- Support Engineering and construction team members in other capacities as needed
- Liaise with and manage external technical consultants for construction, permitting, and other support works
- Closely collaboration with APAC Engineering team, in coordination with the Head of Engineering APAC (located in Bangkok).
What You Bring
- Engineering graduate with at least a bachelor’s degree in relevant electric field from a reputable University. Master’s degree is an advantage
- Certified Electrical Engineer or Renewable Energy Engineer by Q-Net in Korea is an advantage
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in design of large scale Solar PV projects.
- Experience coordinating engineering teams (technical teams, different specialities) is a plus
- Deep understanding of low, medium and high voltage systems including substations, protection devices and relays
- AutoCAD/Cadian Pro proficiency is mandatory. Skills in Helios3D, PVCase or similar design software is a major advantage
- Native Korean speaker with fluent English communication skills in both oral and written English
- Understanding of BESS system is desirable
- Understanding of Wind farms projects (onshore/offshore) is an advantage
What We Are Ready To Offer You
- A flexible working environment so that you can maintain a positive work-life balance.
- A diverse and inclusive team with a strong culture focusing on employee health and wellbeing.
- The possibility to make a positive contribution to our planet and use your knowledge to set new standards in Renewable Energy
Is This Role The Right Fit For You?
- Can you act on your own initiative and be responsible in your work?
- Do you have excellent interpersonal skills and collaborative attitude?
- Are you able to travel frequently upcountry and outside Korea for project related works and training/workshops?
Diversity and Equal Opportunity
At BayWa r.e. we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates.
All employment is decided based on qualifications, potential, merit, and business need.
We do not discriminate on the basis of origin, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, pregnancy, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
We look forward to your application!
If you have any questions about the job offer, please get in contact with us.
- Clara Eboli
- Head of HR Asia