Head of Engineering APAC
- BayWa r.e.
- Executive Middle Management
- Technical occupations (other)
- Published: 11.01.2021
Are you a leader in renewable energy engineering? We are.
We are recruiting a Head of Engineering for the APAC region
About Us: BayWa r.e. – a forward-looking international company!
BayWa r.e. is a growth-driven multinational headquartered in Germany. We are in 27 countries with 2400 employees. We are leaders in the renewable energy sector, active in offshore and onshore wind, solar, storage, hydrogen, and bioenergy.
In the APAC region, we are already more than 170 employees located in our 7 country offices throughout the APAC region (Thailand, Vietnam, South Korea, Japan, Malaysia, Philippines and Australia). We have an established team of highly skilled and dedicated professionals growing our business activities by developing, constructing, and operating our renewable generation portfolio throughout the region.
You will lead our engineering teams to deliver high performance outcome for our projects in the APAC region. The position will be based in Bangkok, Thailand
Responsibilities we will trust you with:
Coordination and provision of expert engineering input into the assessment, development, construction, and operation of new generation opportunities
Manage the detailed design of electrical and structural components of solar and onshore wind systems in the APAC region
Lead the technical development of projects including managing conceptual design, EPC design reviews, OEM evaluation, wind/solar resources, energy yield analysis, optimal project layouts, and design.
Managing external and internal engineering support to deliver agreed outcomes
Integrating and contributing to the BayWa r.e. technical team internationally
Assist and/or lead in commercial contractual agreement negotiations, EPC contracts, O&M agreements, Project Finance, PPA’s, term sheets etc. – with technical input
Screen the market and maintain relationships regarding available wind and solar technology providers and contractors
Coordinating development and operational budgets for the Engineering team and managing assigned budgets within agreed parameters
Work closely with our multinational project management teams in the region to secure a successful implementation of our project across the region
Your areas of knowledge and expertise:
- Electrical, Mechanical and/or Civil Engineering degree with significant Solar and/or Wind experience in the APAC region
- Proficiency in CAD and/or GIS design tools are required
- Proficiency in Windfarmer / Windpro or similar industry standard design tools are a plus
- Proficiency in PVSYST and Helios are a plus
- Excellent understanding of solar and wind power system construction procedures
- Excellent English communication skills: written and verbal (other languages are of advantage). Thai language is a plus for foreign applicants
Is this role the right fit for you?
- You have at least 10 years of working experience in construction or design of Solar or wind power plants or at least 15 years’ experience in design of conventional Power Plants?
- You are an energetic manager of high-performance and multicultural teams who naturally uses visionary and coaching leadership styles? You can lead with enthusiasm, compassion, and be a lifelong learner for your teams based in multiple locations throughout the APAC region
- You have strong interpersonal, prioritizing, and time management skills?
- You are willing to travel frequently across Asia to facilitate project needs?
What we are ready to offer you:
A flexible working environment so that you can maintain a positive work-life balance.
A diverse and inclusive team with a strong culture focusing on employee health and wellbeing.
The possibility to make a positive contribution to our planet and use your world class engineering knowledge to set new standards in Renewable Energy.
The possibility to be part of the BayWa AG group, a family of globally successful businesses with combined revenues of more than EUR 17 billion in 2019.
Are our values your values?
You are ambitious: To make a positive impact in business and beyond. We create meaningful solutions.
You are reliable: For our colleagues, partners, and customers, we create trust by being responsible.
You believe in succeeding as a team: We collaborate in an honest, friendly, and respectful way. We have fun and celebrate our successes.
You bring an open mind: With open minds, courage, and innovation. We challenge the status quo.
Join our team where you can make a difference and drive innovation for a sustainable future!
If you have any questions about the job offer, please get in contact with us.
- Sra. Sirinan Teppaitoon
- HR Specialist