General Accountant - CPA
- Makati City
- Junior, Career start
- Work experience
- Finance, Controlling
- Published: 2023-08-26
BayWa r.e. is the home for change makers. We r.e.think energy – how it is produced, stored and can be best used to enable the global renewable energy transition that is essential to the future of our planet. At BayWa r.e. we effect change globally. With locations in 30 countries, we have over 4,000 people already working across the world, collaborating with local businesses to proactively shape the future of the energy sector.
In the APAC region, we are already around 250 employees located in our 9 country offices throughout the APAC region (Thailand, Indonesia, Singapore, Vietnam, South Korea, Japan, Malaysia, Philippines, and Australia). At BayWa r.e. Solar Trade, we are proud to play a part in the solar energy revolution in APAC region, with our global supplier relations, we supply installers with high-quality solar components and offer a level of customer service that is unrivaled within the solar wholesale industry. Our global and local expertise means we understand the breadth of challenges that solar installers face.
Under the supervision of the senior accountant, you will support on all the accounting and taxation tasks.
This position will be based in Makati, Philippines.
What You Will Do
- Ensure the accuracy in bookkeeping by maintaining general ledger accounts and prepare journal entries for accruals and variances.
- Monitor Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable
- Prepare disbursement vouchers
- Prepare sales invoices according to company procedures and provide appropriate accounting information to customers when needed
- Assist in tax preparation and filing activities : Governmental Filing - BIR remittances, SSS, PHIC and HDMF
- Organize files and help maintaining a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Support the continuous improvement of our processes : improve report, process flow, digitalization…
- Support for month-end account closing activities and reconciliations.
- Closely coordinate with our Accounting and Tax Consultants and Auditor
- Assist in the year-end audit
What You Bring
- Bachelor degree in accounting or finance or business management
- At least 2 years’ experience in general accounting and taxation.
- Experience talking with bank or background in Banking and Finance would be an advantage.
- Good communication skills in English
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Experience with Netsuite would be an advantage
What We Are Ready To Offer You
- A flexible working environment so that you can maintain a positive work-life balance.
- A diverse and inclusive team with a strong culture focusing on employee health and wellbeing.
- The possibility to make a positive contribution to our planet and use your knowledge to set new standards in Renewable Energy.
Is This Role The Right Fit For You?
- Are you looking for a new challenge in an international company with great opportunity to learn and grow professionally?
- Are you able to work in a developing matrix environment, building effective relationships with a variety of stakeholders in an international, multi-cultural environment?
At BayWa r.e. we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates.
All employment is decided based on qualifications, potential, merit, and business need.
We do not discriminate on the basis of origin, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, pregnancy, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
We look forward to your application!
If you have any questions about the job offer, please get in contact with us.
- Clara Eboli
- Head of HR APAC