Design Engineer - Solar
About us: BayWa r.e. is a growth-driven multinational headquartered in Germany. We are in 29 countries with more than 3300 employees. We are leaders in the renewable energy sector, active in offshore and onshore wind, solar, storage, hydrogen, and bioenergy.
At BayWa r.e. Energy Solutions We offer integrated renewable energy solutions such as PV roof-top and ground-mounted installations, solar carports with integrated e-mobility concepts and battery storage systems as well as financing concepts including leasing and power purchase agreements. Drawing on our years of expertise in the sector, we work closely with clients to identify the energy sourcing mix that best matches their needs. We understand the importance of helping companies to play their part in creating a net-zero world, with long-term, low-cost, sustainable energy solutions.
As a part of our PV Design team, you will support the overall design of Solar Projects. Your particular focus will be to support the EMEA sites and assist APAC sites.
The position will be based in our office in Putrajaya, Malaysia
What You Will Do
- Draft routine working sketches and layouts Calculate basic engineering aspects on routine drafting problems
- Able to solve routine problems using brief technical knowledge
- Create & revise CAD models and draw using computer software
- Generate PVsysts with guidance from engineers
- Develop 2D and 2.5D models, draft out shading analysis by guidance from engineers
- Require to site visit/meeting if require by client or internal department request
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree, Professional Degree in Engineering (Electrical) or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years in Design, preferably in Solar EPC
- Required Auto CAD design, Excel, and PVsyst would be an advantage
- Fluent in English/ Malay speaking and writing or Chinese would be advantage
- Possess good personal and communication skills with leadership qualities.
- Undertake other related tasks and duties as assigned by supervisor
- Be flexible in to work with different time zone projects
- Be able to travel to EMEA if requested in future. Tentatively will be more desktop study base
What We Are Ready To Offer You
- An international work environment in a rapidly growing industry
- A diverse and inclusive team with a strong culture focused on employee health and wellbeing.
- The possibility to make a positive contribution to our planet and use your knowledge to set new standards in Renewable Energy
Is This Role The Right Fit For You?
- Are you looking to expand your career in a purposeful organization?
- Would you like to work in a diverse and international environment?
Diversity and Equal Opportunity
At BayWa r.e. we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates.
All employment is decided based on qualifications, potential, merit, and business need.
We do not discriminate on the basis of origin, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, pregnancy, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
We look forward to your application!
If you have any questions about the job offer, please get in contact with us.