Civil Engineer Specialist
- Work experience
- Technical occupations (other)
- Published: 2022-09-30
Civil Engineer Specialist
About usBayWa r.e. is a growth-driven multinational headquartered in Germany. We are in 30 countries with 3600 employees. We are leaders in the renewable energy sector, active in offshore and onshore wind, solar, storage, hydrogen, and bioenergy.
In the APAC region, we are already more than 200 employees located in our 9 country offices throughout the APAC region (Thailand, Indonesia, Singapore, Vietnam, South Korea, Japan, Malaysia, Philippines, and Australia). We have an established team of highly skilled and dedicated professionals growing our business activities by developing, constructing, and operating our renewable generation portfolio throughout the region
About the role
Your goals is execute and coordinate all the civil design activities for the renewable projects assigned (mainly Wind and Solar), in coordination with the Project Engineer assigned to the project.This position will be based in Bangkok, Thailand
What You Will Do
- Ensure the timely completion of civil engineering activities, applying best practices and regional BayWa r.e. standards.
- Perform Civil Earthwork Assessment independently.
- Prepare technical documentation (Designs, Calculation reports, Technical Specifications, etc.), related to civil aspect for the projects assigned (i.e.: structural, infrastructural, geotechnical design, etc.)
- Support, from the Civil perspective, the execution of engineering design (i.e.: pre-feasibility, basic, detailed, As-Built) and technical studies (i.e.: topographic, hydrological, geotechnical) for the projects assigned (under development, under construction, O&M).
- Elaborate the planning of the project civil design activities, in order to guarantee the issuance of project designs in a timely manner, in coordination with the Project Engineer assigned to the project.
- Support the preparation, verification and validation of all the technical documentation necessary for authorizations, permitting, purchases, construction and commissioning of projects assigned, related to Civil aspects.
- Establish the most appropriate technical solutions for the civil design of the projects assigned.
- Work closely with construction management team on liaising issues during construction phase, in coordination with the Project Engineer, to:
- a) Guarantee the correct engineering of the project
- b) Analyze and validate the possible modifications of the Design
- c) Process the main non-conformities related to the design
- d) Study the requests for technical modifications of the contractors.
- Liaise with and manage external technical consultants for civil design activities, when required by the Project Engineer
- Closely collaboration with APAC Engineering team, in coordination with the Head of Engineering APAC (located in Bangkok).
What You Bring
- Engineering Diploma in relevant field (Civil), Professional Civil Engineering License is an advantage.
- Minimum 8 years of experience as a Civil Engineer (with focus on design activities) with at least 5 years of work experience in the civil design of large scale Wind projects (onshore and/or offshore) and/or Solar
- Understanding of civil work design for Wind Projects: Internal Road design, WTG platforms, WTG Foundations,
- Infrastructure for Substation, O&M Building, Transmission Lines. Understanding of civil work design for Solar Projects (fixed, tracking structures).
- Understanding of Hydraulic, Topographic, Geotechnical for projects.
- AutoCAD proficiency is mandatory. Skills in Civil 3D, Infraworks, GIS, SAP2000, ETABS, or similar design software is a major advantage.
- Understanding of civil works for BESS systems is an advantage.
- Experience on Civil works/designs for complex terrains is an advantage.
What We Are Ready To Offer You
- A flexible working environment so that you can maintain a positive work-life balance.
- A diverse and inclusive team with a strong culture focusing on employee health and wellbeing.
- The possibility to make a positive contribution to our planet and use your knowledge to set new standards in Renewable Energy
Is This Role The Right Fit For You?
- Are you able to work in English ?
- Are you able to act on own initiative and work responsibly?
- Do you have excellent interpersonal skills and collaborative attitude ?
- Do you enjoy working in a diverse and multicultural environment?
- Are you able to travel upcountry and outside Thailand for project related works and training/workshops?
Diversity and Equal Opportunity
At BayWa r.e. we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates.
All employment is decided based on qualifications, potential, merit, and business need.
We do not discriminate on the basis of origin, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, pregnancy, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
We look forward to your application!
If you have any questions about the job offer, please get in contact with us.
- Chamaiporn Manochai
- Senior Talent Acquisition Partner